“Where do you get the time?” In this podcast, I share how I organize my time so that I have the time to knit, sew, quilt, write, and do a host of other things that I enjoy doing. If you want to find the time, laying a foundation in ordering your day is key.
The 3 A’s of organizing your day:
Attitude Decide how you’re going to approach being a wife and homemaker: as drugery or a gift. And learn to smile!
It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.
the A List What are your priorities? How to find out what your priorities should be:
- Ask God. And read His answer in His Word.
- Ask your husband.
- Take thought of your children’s needs.
- Focus on your home; cultivate a vision.
There is nothing like staying home for real comfort.
Arrangement Some simple ideas of how to organize your time:
- Pray and schedule your week, tagging each day with its own “big idea”…errand day, desk day, maintenance clean day, deep clean/project day(s), family day(s)
- Pray and schedule your day. God will always give you enough time to do everything He desires you to do. Meals, naps, playtime, schoolwork, chores, etc.
- Use creativity to fit your routines to your needs and family.
- Do think about what your children are to be doing at different points of the day.
- Make sure you have time with your husband.
- Make time to care for yourself, spiritually, emotionally, physically, mentally…
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help!
Some recommended resources that have helped me:
Flylady.com If you’re new to the whole idea of dividing your week into task-oriented days, check out this wonderful website to gain control over your homekeeping.
Titus2.com I have been creating and using a schedule for our household for many, many years. I have NEVER been able to keep it *perfectly*. But, that being said, I love Teri Maxwell’s emphasis on seeking the Lord, and I have been tenacious about setting and using routines in my home. It’s not about being enslaved to a schedule; it’s about finding liberty and time to do all that the Lord would be pleased for me to do.
Don’t give up!! You have one of the most important tasks in the entire world! That is why great sacrifice is called for. But oh….just wait…your children WILL rise and call you blessed. Keep at it and stay close to Jesus always. You can do this.
Isaiah 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.